Many adults suffer with diseased and missing teeth because they do not want to be toothless for any length of time. Dentures can be a long-term solution, restoring attractive appearance and healthy chewing function. With immediate dentures
prosthodontist, Dr. Douglas Weir, you don’t have to go a day without teeth.
Understanding immediate dentures
An immediate denture is a complete or partial prosthetic, designed in advance and inserted immediately after natural teeth are removed.
Dr. Weir uses a temporary relining material to re-fit immediate dentures as healing occurs. When soft tissue and bone shrinkage is stabilized, dentures receive a permanent reline. Or you may prefer to have new dentures made.
In the care of a conventional dentist, the process typically requires about five preliminary visits, spread over weeks or months. Because Dr. Weir focuses on one patient at a time
, he dramatically compresses that time frame. He can have you in new teeth, start to finish, in two-to-three days
Benefits of immediate dentures
Of course, the biggest advantage is that you don’t have to be seen without teeth. The technique has these additional benefits:
- The shape, arrangement, and color of your own teeth can be more closely duplicated when some are still in your mouth.
- Immediate dentures help to reduce bleeding and protect soft tissues as they heal.
- You get a head start adapting to speaking with dentures.
- You can eat more normally, sooner.
- Facial distortion is minimized.
- If you choose to have new dentures made after healing is complete, immediate dentures serve as spares. You won’t be without teeth if you misplace or break a denture, or if it must go back to the lab for relining.
Please don’t let concerns about going without teeth keep you from a beautiful, functional smile
. Call New Beginning Dentures in Mitchell at (866) 777-6864
to find out if immediate dentures
are right for you.